Reading Time: 3 minutes
We are not called the “Sunshine State” for nothing, with blue skies and sunshine almost year-round, window tinting is a must have in South Florida. If you want to protect your car, home or family from the sun, then window tint is your answer. There are many benefits to tinting your windows and here we discuss a few of them.
The Benefits of Window Tint
- A Shield from Sunlight – The long-term damage caused by UV rays can be damaging to your skin and to your furniture. When the sun penetrates interior surfaces (such as leather, wood or plastic), it can cause the furniture to become weak and faded. You can avoid costly replacements of car interior or home furniture by using window tint, not only does it suppress heat, but it also blocks out the harmful UV rays that would pass through an un-tinted window.
- Heat Suppression – Have you ever sat on a car chair that has been exposed to the sun for a long time? Or perhaps there is that one room in the house that is always just too hot. Many people want to let the light in, but do not want the heat that comes with it. Heat suppression not only prevents illnesses related to heat exposure, but it also prevents anything inside your home or car from heat damage, for example preventing plastics from melting or losing its shape. Another advantage to heat suppression is the money saving factor. Having a cooler car or home means that the air conditioner will run less, which overall means less gas or electricity usage.
- Shatterproof – The Polythene Terephthalate (PET) bonding used in window film acts as a binder for the glass, making it harder to shatter into sharp pieces. Window film reinforces the windows strength, therefore reducing the chances of cracks or breakage. This is extremely important in the case of a car accident or break in, as window film can effectively reduce the chances of serious injury caused by broken glass.
- Glare Reduction – Have you ever experienced that frustration of trying to work on your laptop or watch television, only to stare at the sun’s glare that is bouncing off the screen? Much like polarized sunglasses, window film reduces the glare that so often causes discomfort, making it easier for you to work in the comfort of your own home.
- Security & Protection – A tinted window makes it harder for potential thieves to look in, thereby protecting your family and home from view. Hiding your home or vehicle’s interior from view reduces the chance of onlookers trying to break in, as the risk of breaking in is not worth it if they cannot guarantee to find something of value.
- Skin Health – We all know how powerful UV rays can be, and you cannot always avoid the sun directly shining on you. Among problems like premature ageing and sun spots, sun damage is one of the most common causes of skin cancer. What’s more, the protection from heat can also prevent the body from overheating, thereby avoiding heatstroke or heat exhaustion. Even in smaller doses, sun exposure can affect the skin over time, so it’s best to think ahead and avoid any potential sun damage to the skin or body.
It’s easy to see why window film is necessary – not only can you save money preventing repair costs, you can also protect yourself from the harmful rays of the sun. If you are not sure what type of window film is best for your car, home, or office, contact Window Tint USA. We are a South Florida window tint company who is passionate about our craft with customer satisfaction being a central focus in all that we do.